Background

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Martha Stewart Crisp Coconut and Chocolate Pie

So tonight I tried to make this delectable recipe from Martha Stewart Crisp Coconut Chocolate Pie.  This is the link over to her wonderful creation and here below are the changes I made because of what I had in my kitchen.  Now no one (at least me) can make things look like Martha Stewart but no one has my two wonderful co-chefs either!

All this pie needs is 4 ingredients...
For the crust-4 TBS of softened unsalted butter (I used margarine) & about 6 cups of sweetened shredded coconut
For the filling-1 C Heavy Cream (I used light cream) & 8oz of bittersweet chocolate (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)


Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.  Using a food processor, blend the butter and 1 Cup of the coconut together for around 1-2 minutes until it could make a ball.



Then add the other 2 Cups of coconut and mash together with your hands.  Then press into a pie pan.



(Now this is where my non-baking skills really come out)  I just pushed it all into the bottom and baked it at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.  It was golden on the top.



While the coconut was baking, I brought the cream to a simmer and then poured it over the chocolate chips.  I let it sit for about 10 minutes and then stirred it all together.






Then you pour the chocolate over the coconut and place in the fridge until the chocolate is set.  Martha says 1 hour to 1 day...ours was not ready in 1 hour but I had a taste anyway.  It is like a giant Mounds bar to me...maybe next time I'll add nuts.  As for Martha's I am sure it is a wonderful pie!




Bon Appitte and enjoy some shots of the chefs!


being silly

showing off her mixture

sampling the wares

not a good chef if you don't taste everything!

licking the spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment